Merged to How to use unpublicized APIs in Symbian.
1. Why are these APIs unpublicized?
You can usually find the unpublicized APIs in four ways:
- APIs are written in SDK document, but marked as “Published Partner” or “Internal”.
- APIs are declared in header file with corresponding linkable library, but not documented.
- APIs are dumped from linkable library, but nowhere declared.
- APIs are exported from dynamic libraries without corresponding linkable library.
* “Linkable library” is a stub library which hold the information required for the linker to link client programs to the correct ordinals to the real dll. In emulator build or Symbian pre-9 toolchain, the linkable library is appeared as .lib file, but in target build of Symbian 9 onwards, it is actually a dummy dynamic library of ELF format with extension .dso.